Welcome! Please review this information before your arrival!
4574 State Route 142
West Plains, MO 65775
The campsites are on the property. There is easy access to the campsites from 142. There is a shower house and bathrooms easily accessible from all campsites, workshop, and vendor areas. The toilet facilities are modern (flush) facilities and there are hot and cold water showers. Please clean up after yourself.
RV’s are welcome however there is only 1 hookup and there is an additional cost to utilize this site. Please contact us after you register for the festival.
What to Bring
Please bring your own camping supplies. As meals are provided you will only need to bring snacks and additional items that you desire. Electricity is available if you require it for medical purposes. This should be communicated to the staff in advance of your arrival on site. Please remember to bring your medications.
Please bring garbage bags and observe the recycling rules of the facility. Our staff will be happy to guide you in this if you need the assistance. Please only use that wood that is designated by our site staff. All other wood is for the main fire pit. Please do not cut down any trees and only use that wood that is on the ground or around your campsites. Please utilize existing fire rings.
Please remember to bring CHAIRS!
The most important guideline is to have a great and safe time. With these guidelines a drum circle can be a healing experience for the whole community.
- Never touch another person’s drum without permission, unless of course, it is necessary (like when it is beginning to rain).
- There is normally a fire. With that in mind, falling-down drunkenness is not advised.
- The drummers have their place in the circle and are together in the same area, playing together avoids confusion and keep the rhythm solid.
- Listen to the beat of the drum circle before you start playing. Get a feel for the bass rhythm – that is the foundation for the drum circle. When you play, play with the rest of the drummers, not over them. The time for finessing the rhythm is not constant, give others a chance to express themselves.
- Dancers are a very integral and important part of a drum circle. With this in mind, do not crowd out the dancers in the circle. Dancers will constantly come and go from the inner circle. You will get a chance to dance. Some dancers will dance off and on the whole night. If there are too many dancers around the fire though, one or more of them may have way too personal a meeting with the fire. Did I mention that the fire is undiscriminating as to who falls into it? It will burn dancers, intoxicated people and drummers without discrimination.
- There is a fire tender; this is the person that keeps the fire going. Unless this person asks you specifically for help, leave the fire alone.
- The dancers are not there to be groped, whistled at, molested or fondled. This goes for both male and female dancers. Anyone who makes any unwanted sexual advances of any kind should be treated as a sexual predator and will be removed immediately. Although giving a compliment to a dancer because you think they dance well is encouraged, rudeness is not. No means No!
- If dancers wish to dance for a particular musician (be it drummer or otherwise) please feel free. However, it is not normally polite to plant yourself one inch from the drummer and dance. Some drummers see this as invading their personal space. With that said, expressing yourself is great and dancing for a particular drummer is an awesome way to say “Thank you!”
- Warming your drum around the fire is allowed as long as you’re walking around the circle clockwise with the flow of dancers while holding your drum. This will help to prevent any tripping or collisions resulting in drums, drummers or dancers falling into the fire—see above.
- No glass at fire circle! This prevents anyone from getting cut feet or hands seeing as there are many barefoot individuals.
Youths under the age of 17 need to be at their campsites by 11 PM. No children will be permitted at the main or bardic fire pits after 11 PM. Parents are responsible for their children.
Youth activities, age specific are held on Friday and Saturday only during workshop time. Please remember that our staff is all volunteer and also wish to participate in the workshops as their shifts allow. Parents, please respect our volunteers and pick up your children promptly when asked.
Auction & Raffle
We will have a Silent Auction that is set up near the registration area that will be completed on Saturday Night. Also there is a special auction for specific items that will be auctioned Saturday night. All proceeds of these auctions go to improvements of the site.
Please remember that the parking on site is very tight. If you know you will need to leave during the festival please let the parking attendants know when you first park your car. Otherwise it may be blocked in by other vehicles.
Our medical team is available 24 hrs a day in the church building. If you need first aid please contact either a staff member or if you can go to the church building. In case of emergency please contact a staff member immediately.
Divine Womb to Tomb (Prudence Priest)
Divination and Intuition (Rowena Whaling)
Tradition vs Traditionalist (Jill Tyner)
Please patronize our vendors. They have been chosen with care to offer you the best selection of goods for your Magical and Mundane needs.